When choosing a wedding dress there are many things you need to consider. You want the dress to compliment your body shape and style, feel great and look fantastic! In addition, you want to make sure that the dress you choose ties in with the theme or style of your wedding. Some themes are casual while others are very theme specific or extremely formal. No matter your theme, here are 5 tips for selecting a wedding dress that fits your theme.
- First, you will need to decide what your wedding theme is. There are so many different options available to brides. You may choose an over the top, fabulous “Gatsby” inspired theme drawing influences from flappers and the styles of the 20’s. Others may choose a southern country wedding with lots of mason jars, wild flowers and more!
- Think of the dress style and shape. If you are having a theme inspired by the water or the sea, maybe you want to look like a mermaid bride! There is intact, a mermaid style dress that is fitted through the bodice and flares out towards the bottom. If you are having a more modern wedding, you may want a dress shape that is fitted throughout to show off your beautiful figure and gorgeous curves.
- Consider accents and details. Aside from the dress style itself, many dresses also include specific details and accents that may tie into your theme. If you love glamour, you may want a dress with rhinestones and jewels. For a more traditional wedding dress and theme, look at lace and pearl accents. Finally, if you like simple, modern, clean lines, you may choose a satin dress without any details so that the focus is completely on you!
- This about the formality of your event. Is this a laid back country-style wedding? Or, is it a black tie, formal, ritzy affair. This will influence the style of your dress significantly as it will also reflect in the wedding theme. If your wedding will be more casual and comfortable, consider a gentle, flowing gown with lace accents. For a more formal event your may prefer a ball gown style gown with lots of glitz and glamor!
- Finally, make sure you feel fantastic! No matter the theme or style of your wedding, the most important thing is that you feel perfect and amazing in your bridal gown! If the dress is beautiful to you and makes you feel special, it is the one you should choose! Trust your gut and go for it!
Keeping these tips in mind can help you narrow down choices when shopping for a wedding gown. Consider your theme, the overall formality of the affair, dress accents and details, the dress shape, and most importantly how you feel in the gown when you wear it. If the dress make you feel like the most beautiful bride, it is your dress! While these tips can guide you, they cannot tell you which dress to chose from Allure Bridals. When wedding dress shopping, you’ll know when you have found the perfect dress for you!